2nd Amendment Protection Bill
We find this article particularly disconcerting as we (the TBE Staffers) LIVE on farms and ranches in Montana and we expected better from those who represent us. Steve Bullock is already proving to be a big disappointment.
Posted by Michael Boldin
Yesterday, he vetoed Montana House Bill 302 (HB302). The bill would require the state to refuse to enforce or assist the enforcement of any federal bans on semiautomatic weapons or large capacity magazines. The bill states, in part:
A peace officer, state employee, or employee of any political subdivision is prohibited from enforcing, assisting in the enforcement of, or otherwise cooperating in the enforcement of a federal ban on semiautomatic weapons or large magazines and is also prohibited from participating in any federal enforcement action implementing a federal ban on semiautomatic weapons or large magazines.
Here’s why Bullock is clueless about the Constitution. In his veto message he wrote that the bill would put “law enforcement in the position of violating laws they have sworn to uphold” and “subject our peace officers to criminal sanctions for upholding the oath we ask that they take.”
Here’s a message for you, Steve. You’re a liar, and we know it.
There is absolutely ZERO serious discussion from anyone beyond a 4th grade education about the fact that the federal government cannot “commandeer” the states to carry out its laws. None.
Even the Supreme Court has affirmed this multiple times.
Read more of this fine post, HERE.
- Montana Governor Vetoes Gun Control Nullification Bill (usnews.com)
- Montana Governor Lies About the Constitution, Vetoes 2nd Amendment Protection Bill (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Montana Governor Lies About the Constitution, Vetoes 2nd Amendment Protection Bill (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Montana Gun Control Nullification Bill Going to the Governor’s Desk (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Montana Senate Vote to Nullify Federal Gun Bans, 28-21 (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- * Montana Legislature Passes Gun Control Nullification Bill (hardnoxandfriends.wordpress.com)
- Will Montana Nullify Federal Gun Laws? (tenthamendmentcenter.com)